The Intelligent Choice for Manufacturing
Backed by 70+ years of proven intelligence and insights for creating solutions that deliver outcomes, efficiencies and margins for customers across all industries, MiQ Partners strives for excellence. We bring your intelligent ideas to life using best-in-class technology for automation, robotics, machine vision, precision part handling, assembly, testing, inspection, and more.
- MiQ Partners has been in business for over 70 years
- Cincinnati facility totaling 100,000 square feet
- Carlsbad facility totaling 30,000 square feet
- Full engineering and assembly capability at each location
- Approximately 100 employees
- Testing & Validating
- Design for Manufacturing-Value Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Controls Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
To be viewed by customers, shareholders, and employees as a well-respected and successful full-service manufacturing company.
- We provide custom automation solutions that improve the manufacturing process.
- We produce high level electro-mechanical sub-assemblies and complete systems, from prototype through production.
- We supplement our clients’ capabilities and capacity by becoming an extension of their organization.
- Our unique business strategy allows MiQ Partners to be flexible to support our clients, allowing them to focus on product development and market growth.
- We reduce our clients’ total cost of ownership using our lean manufacturing build processes, quality systems, and our robust global supply chain.
Our clients seek MiQ Partners’ solutions to solve manufacturing challenges and provide value relating to:
- New product introduction
- End-of-life production
- Product fulfillment
- Demand fluctuations
- Internal labor shortages
- The end result is:
- Quicker time-to-market
- Lower total cost-of-ownership
- Better use of internal resources
Who We Are
As a team of diverse engineers and project managers, we look forward to shaping your ideas to realities that meet business goals for functionality, efficiencies, competitiveness and profit margins. Our extensive history and experience sets us apart from other manufacturing companies. We bring much more than knowledge and proven processes to your projects, we strive for exceptional service and communication.
As partners, your challenges are ours to solve, your budget is ours to protect, your schedule to Go To Market is our pressing mandate. Our team members bring years of experience achieving precise and profitable outcomes for some of the world’s largest brands in Life Sciences, Consumer Product Goods, Automotive, Aerospace, and more. MiQ Partners serves clients all over the world from two convenient locations: Cincinnati, Ohio and Carlsbad, California.
- Industry-specific Experience
- Integrated Staff/Customer Team
- Highly-Acclaimed Service and Systems
- Strategic support for on-spot solutions
Marc has been leading MiQ partners since 2015, bringing years of experience in life sciences, process efficiencies, and technological applications. His earlier background in finance enables him to share insights that keep projects on task and on budget.
Harry WesterkampCTO, VP of Strategic Partners
With more than 25 years in engineering, aerospace, manufacturing, and IofT, Harry has achieved hundreds of successful outcomes for clients with big projects to tackle. His insights, relationship management, understanding of the pressures and challenges clients face sets him apart as a leader that not only succeeds, but gets things done.
Kevin EastonVP of Engineering
An expert in automation for life sciences, Kevin brings years of product development for medical device manufactures backed by expertise in patient safety and the stringent requirements for product safety.
David HummelVP of Operations
Dave has been with MiQ partners since 2002, serving in various roles ranging from management to automation solutions provider, helping to streamline complex processes for improved efficiencies.
Our quality culture is company-wide. Our strategies include customer satisfaction by exceeding expectations, continual improvement, employee involvement, and structured process improvement and problem resolution.
Business Unit Structure
MiQ Partners is a diversified corporation with a broad customer portfolio.
Current Active Industries
- Life Sciences and Medical Devices
- Consumer Goods
Our business units are separate, specialized subsystems within MiQ Partners, which act as independent companies, each responsible for its own profitability. When working with us, clients are partnered with a specific business unit manager. This manager will continuously analyze the client’s specific needs and adapt the business unit to truly become an extension of their organization. The infrastructure of the business unit is constantly tailored to best fit the needs of both companies. This structure allows MiQ to be flexible enough to support our clients while allowing the client to focus on market growth and product development.
Additional advantages to MiQ Partners’ business unit structure:
- Guaranteed IP protection, by dividing customers into separate business units
- Easier planning of activities
- Supports cooperation between the departments of the company with similar ranges of activities
Supply Chain Management
With our comprehensive supply chain management services, whether a product requires five components or 5,000, MiQ Partners will manage the product’s total supply chain.
We work with our suppliers on their quality management and lead time management processes, and we develop supply agreements and contingency plans to ensure we meet the client’s production requirements. MiQ Partners enables individual customers to reduce inventory and component costs, supplier risk, and manufacturing lead times.
Our supply chain services include:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP systems
- Supplier qualification and development programs – Strategic partnerships with suppliers, distributors, and customers, creating communication channels for critical information and operational improvements
- Supplier management in quality processes and continuous improvement
- Make vs. Buy analysis
- Value-added engineering
- Lean manufacturing methodologies
- Reduced cost and inventory levels throughout the supply chain.
To ensure supplier excellence, we continually monitor the performance in the three key areas of quality, delivery, and service, and review these measures on a monthly basis. When corrective action or supplier adjustments are necessary, we work quickly to resolve issues. This allows us to focus on uninterrupted on-time production and continued high product quality of the electromechanical assemblies we provide.
MiQ takes a partnership approach by becoming an extension of your organization.
Let our professional project team bring your product to market, while you concentrate on growing your business.
- Engineered automated solutions
- Design for manufacturability
- Value engineering
- Product Design or automation
- Contract engineering
Companies of many types in a variety of market sectors turn to MiQ Partners. We offer engineering services such as product design for manufacturability, new product design, value engineering, equipment design as well as contract engineering.
MiQ Partners engineering team has extensive experience with electro mechanical assemblies, high mix, low to medium volume production, and highly-configurable manufacturing requirements.
- PLC Controls Engineering: Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Omron, Mitsubishi and others
- PC Software Development
- HMI Software Development
- Redesign for: efficiency, throughput, cost reduction
- Flexible & responsive to change throughout the development process
- Design Tools: SolidWorks, AutoCAD, FEA, plus others
- Integrated Design Data Management System
- External Product & Industrial Design Resources Available
MiQ Partners has defined our business strategy to incorporate these guiding principles:
- Integrating lean strategies
- Managing approaches to lower costs
- Reducing time to market
- Flexible, demand manufacturing
- High diversification
- Delivering innovative solutions and applying cutting-edge technologies
- Solutions for complex technical design, engineering, and manufacturing challenges
When it comes to risks, we recognize the inherent changes that must be addressed and incorporated as the field of safety itself continues to evolve. That’s why we constantly keep safety top priority through mandatory ongoing education programs and training sessions.
We are committed to the highest standards for safety in the industry. It’s our favored measure of success and one that we constantly measure ourselves against, from the pre-planning stages all the way through final execution.
Safety – it’s our highest priority and our most valuable asset.
At MiQ Partners, safety training is designed to ensure that our employees understand the reasons behind the rules. One way we do this is by getting employee input to help create programs that everyone understands and supports.
We are committed to providing safe work areas, machinery and equipment; to providing information, instruction, training and supervision; and to providing personal protective equipment. We are committed to creating an injury-free workplace for employees, suppliers, contractors, partners and visitors alike.
MiQ Project/Program Managers are committed to understanding our clients’ requirements. With this strong foundation, we provide the right mix of planning by defining needs, balancing resources, monitoring, and controlling the factors that will make the difference in completing a project/program on time, on budget, and with high-quality results.
Projects have a narrow scope with specific deliverables. We aim to keep changes to a minimum, stay on budget, on time and delivering product to specification. Leadership is focused on task delivery and directives in order to meet success criteria.
Programs have a wide scope that may have to change to meet the benefit expectations of the organization, Program managers expect change and even embrace it, focus on managing relationships, and conflict resolution. Program managers facilitate and manage the political aspects of the stakeholder management, providing vision and leadership.